Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Universe vs. my leg. Universe 1, Leg, 0

I saw the orthopedic surgeon that fixed up my ankle a couple years ago (Dr. Basran--absolutely fantastic) and he thinks I've got a stress fracture. I'm getting an MRI tomorrow afternoon to confirm it. If it is then I've got to take 4 weeks off running, wear a boot cast and mope around. We talked about how it happened and he agreed with my layman's theory that I need to try high post running shoes. He didn't tell me to get off the pavement though, which is a relief because that's really the only option I have currently unless I want to get on a treadmill. Ew. 

On the upside while he was inspecting the x-rays he looked at the ankle and said that it had healed perfectly. After I did some walking around for him he said that if anything the OTHER ankle is weaker, which is unexpected. Usually people baby the hurt ankle and keep it weaker and do funny things to the healthy ankle due to overcompensation. So that was good news.

Maybe I'll lift weights for a while until I can run again. /cry

1 comment:

  1. Guh. That really, really, really sucks. Keeping fingers crossed for some other, less annoying diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete