Saturday, June 16, 2012

Good and Bad -- post NC runs

My first run back from NC was pretty wonderful. I didn't push myself too hard and managed to hit an above average pace and finished strong. During the first mile my leg hurt again but once I settled into a rhythm it eased up. After the run I iced it and it felt reasonable.

Yesterday afternoon I tried to do intervals and it didn't work out. The first mile was solid but it was extra hot out (for this area--90+ degrees) and it took a lot out of me. After a quick cool down I started the second mile and about halfway through had to stop. I was carrying my new water bottle on my hip rig and was relatively hydrated but the heat was making me feel slightly dizzy. Better safe than sorry. It was deeply disappointing to not finish what I'd intended to do though.

Also, my leg hurt during the entire run and despite icing it, I've still got nagging pain down there. I'm going to pause my running and go see my doctor. I don't mind running through the pain but I want to make sure I'm not making some injury worse. I don't look forward to not running for any length of time though. I'm in a pretty good groove and hate the idea of having to kick start again once the leg feels better.

We'll see.

Here are the links to the two runs:

First 5K after NC
Failed intervals

No comments:

Post a Comment