Friday, June 15, 2012

Final NC runs

Running in NC ended up being a lot more challenging than I'd expected. Despite relatively reasonable temperatures, the humidity really took it out of me. I had a hard time pushing to 3 miles at paces I manage at home and as a result when I tried to head to 4 or 5 miles I was totally drained and couldn't manage it. I hate not meeting a goal so it was a little depressing. I put it in perspective by approaching it with the attitude that they were "maintenance" runs. Just staying in the habit and making sure I got some exercise. I imaging that the mere fact that I was wiped out means I got good workouts, but I've become so goal driven and used to my rate of improvement that it was disappointing anyway.

Here are the links to my last runs there:

NC second run
NC final run

I managed a good run my first day back and it was gratifying to get back in my groove.  I haven't uploaded it from my Garmin yet so the link will follow later.

I do have some pain in my lower left leg just above the ankle and on the inside of my leg. It hurts during the first mile of my run but then settles down, and hurts in a throbbing nagging manner the rest of the day but feels solid again the next morning. I've decided to go see a doctor and make sure it's nothing evil. I'm nervous about the possible need to back off the running while it heals up, but I'm more nervous that I'm going to have to find a way to get off the hard running paths I'm using with are asphalt of varying degrees of soft/hardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment