Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Four miles the slow way

I've been running my 3.1 miles the last month or so and brought my average pace down to around 10:40 or so per mile. That's got me pretty happy. Today I thought I'd try to run 4 for the first time since my leg injury and started out slow and finished strong. I probably averaged around 11:00 minutes per mile but ended with around 10:30 for my last one. I feel strong still--tired and endorphinated but strong.

I've got a 5K on Sunday--breast cancer run here in Woodstock. I'm really excited because I did it last year and as long as I take care not to over do it during the week in preparation I expect to shave around 6 or 7 minutes off my time last year.

I'm also doing this kind of strange barbell class where we do craploads of reps with low weight and hit all the muscle groups hard. I come out of it pretty beat but I'm already seeing differences in my strength (and appearance! yay!). But I sure do get a lot of funny looks from the guys who use the regular weights. Aside from the teacher and his brother (that he forces to attend) I'm the only guy in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment